A thought leadership strategy is a carefully calculated and deliberate approach to gaining and maintaining an influential voice in the market. It is one of many public relations strategies that can be used by individuals and organizations, but it has become increasingly important because consumers are more aware than ever before.
Thought leaders are seen as authorities on their topics, so they command attention from both the public and private sectors. One can use this strategy for various purposes including brand building, product development, or social change initiatives.
A key component of this strategy includes research into trends that will shape the future of your industry or organization’s work. These insights can then be turned into content such as whitepapers, reports, infographics, videos, speeches, or articles about those trends.
However, just repeating information with your own spin on it is not enough. Thought leaders are not just commentators, but also creators of new knowledge in their field.
The goal is to establish oneself as a credible and reliable source of information within the industry. This can be done by regularly sharing content on social media, speaking at events, being quoted in the media, or contributing to online publications. Thought leadership can also help promote your products and services.
One can become a thought leader by excelling in their field, but it does take time to build that reputation. A person who has proven expertise on one particular topic is not necessarily seen as an expert on other issues within the industry.
Some of the most common traits of thought leaders include:
There are many examples of thought leadership in action, but one of the most notable is Elon Musk. He is the founder and CEO of SpaceX, co-founder of Tesla Motors, and chairman of SolarCity.
Musk has been quoted as saying, “I would like to die on Mars. Just not on impact.” He has also said, “The first step is to establish that something is possible; then probability will take care of itself.”
These are not just clever quotes, but insights that show he is thinking about the future of space travel and how to make it a reality. He is not just a commentator, but a creator of new knowledge. As a result, he has become one of the most respected voices in the industry.
Although Musk has achieved a high level of success, that does not mean you have to be a billionaire to become a thought leader.
Thought leadership is a powerful tool that can help you achieve your business goals. By understanding what it is and how to develop yourself as a thought leader, you can make a real impact in your industry.
If you’re looking for ways to improve your website’s SEO, becoming a thought leader in your field can be one of the most effective strategies. When you establish yourself as an expert on a particular topic, both you and your business will start to rank higher in search engine results pages (SERPs).
This is because Google and other search engines see content from thought leaders as more relevant and trustworthy than content from other sources. That means that as people begin to link to your site for their own articles, your site will rank higher. Ranking higher means you will receive more traffic, which means there’s also a higher chance of acquiring new leads.
A thought leadership strategist is not just someone who understands what it takes to be a thought leader. They also have the knowledge and connections necessary to help businesses attract customers, grow their brand awareness, and boost their online exposure through developing comprehensive marketing strategies based on creating content that attracts meaningful engagement.
I have partnered with some of the most well-known thought leaders to offer you the ability to devise and implement a thought leadership strategy for your business.
1. I help you author a column in your field of expertise on a prominent platform with a large audience. I can guide you through formatting, SEO, and marketing your column.
2. Your column is then syndicated to national outlets such as ThriveGlobal, Buzzfeed, Entrepreneur, Forbes, Forbes Woman, NewTheory, TechBullion, Equities.com, Seeking Alpha, Today.com, PopSugar, Fast Company, Inc, Entrepreneur, National Geographic, Bustle, and/or Swaay. At this point in your journey, you are considered a syndicated columnist with possible opportunities to get published 20-30 times or more per month.
3. You’ll get access to opportunities to interview prominent leaders, C-suite executives, and celebrities and post your interviews across media channels.
4. I can connect you with top-level VCs and angel investors to help you maximize your business potential.
5. Receive guidance on TV appearance pitching, Wikipedia page creation, podcast creation, and panelist speaker opportunities.
6. As you build up interviews, we will work together to craft a thought-leadership book.
7. Later, we will utilize both your and my extensive network to book you for speaking engagements at events including TED Central, TEDx, media commentator opportunities, podcasts, and more.
8. Guide you on how to obtain a press pass so that you can attend notable events such as the Emmys, Sundance, Comicon, SXSW, private screenings, celebrity events, trade conventions, etc.
So, what’s the difference between classic PR guidance and my thought-leadership strategy program?
❌ You control the narrative
❌ Dozens of monthly media mentions
❌ Guaranteed column publication
❌ Connect directly with prominent leaders
My Strategy Program:
✔️ 100% control over the narrative
✔️ 20-60 media mentions per month
✔️ A personal publication platform
✔️ I can connect you directly to prominent leaders
For more information or to get in contact with me, please visit my thought leadership strategy service offering on Upwork, a secure platform for hiring professional SEO & thought leader strategists.
Disclaimer: *Because this is a long process, my thought-leadership strategy program requires a minimum of a 6-month commitment.* I am not affiliated with any of the brands or companies mentioned above. Therefore, I cannot guarantee that you will be published in the aforementioned publications. I simply have the connections to direct you to the right people. If accepted into these publications, many of them have their own dashboards where you can publish without editorial lag.